Sagarmala Project will connect the port to hinterland by rail & road. So rail companies involved in it will also give a very good return in long term.
1 Year Return
3 Years Return
Why is Sagarmala Project So Crucial for India?
It is the Partner project of Make in India.
On three sides India is bound by sea and has a 7,516.6 km coastline.
India has 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. There is major scope for port led development.
Only 20% of the population living in these 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. But it contributes 60% of the GDP.
Railways contribute 9% to the GDP; Road sector contributes 6% to the GDP and ports’ share of GDP is only 1%.
Sagarmala project can boost GDP by 2 per cent: Ocean Group.
Why companies Involve in Sagar Mala Project will give 10 times return in next 5 years?
- In Sagar Mala Project there is investment of Rs 12 lakh crore under various programmes.
- Rs 8 lakh crore will be pumped into industrial clusters. Remaining Rs 4 lakh crore will go to port rail and port road connectivity
- To execute Rs 5 lakh crore Sagarmala projects by May 2019
- It will create 40 lakh direct jobs and many times indirect jobs.
After completion Sagarmala will save up to 40,000 crore per year on logistic costs. It will also boost exports by $110 billion.
There are so many companies involved in Sagar Mala Project so I divide it into 5 Parts.
1) Texmaco Rail and Engineering Ltd
- Multi-unit engineering and Infrastructure Company. Five manufacturing units extending over 170 acres in the outskirts of Kolkata.
- Texmaco is the leading and most reliable freight car maker over the past 7 (seven) decades.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel), India’s largest power equipment maker. It is eyeing a major role in the Indian Railways’ track electrification programme to tide over the uncertainties of the Indian power sector.
3) Pennar Industries
- Pennar’s Railways is one of the leading wagon manufactures company
- The company also produce Passenger & Metro Coaches
4) BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Ltd)
- BEML Limited’s Rail Coach Factory situated in Bangalore. India is the first all steel integrated rail coach factory established by Government of India during 1948.
- The passenger rail coaches indigenously manufacture the passenger rail coaches for the use of Indian Railways.
5) KEC International Limited
- KEC, with its strong EPC base and its long association with the Indian Railways. It is in an advantageous position to successfully undertake the Signaling works.
- With this acquisition, KEC is poised to undertake the entire gamut of activities under the Railway Infrastructure segment .
6) Amara Raja
- Amara Raja pioneered the use of maintenance-free batteries in the Indian Railways.
- Over 50 % of Indian Railways’ II and III Tier self-generation Air-conditioned coaches are powered Amara Raja.
- The company is registering a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of around 14-15 per cent in its revenue over the past five years.
- CMI is supplying hard drawn contact wire and catenary wire used in electric traction of trains
- The HFCL Railway Business unit serves the mainline and urban rail sectors of India by the provision of telecom solutions in conjunction with providers of signaling solutions.
- HFCL has been selected to provide solutions for projects being developed by the Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited as well as by Indian Railways.
9) Titagarh Wagons Ltd
- The company manufacturing railway castings – bogies and couplers.
- Titagarh has grown on to become the market leader in Indian Market and subsequently beginning to export wagons.