Sagar Mala Project will bring Blue Revolution in country. It has the potential to boost GDP of India by 2%. EPC Companies involved in it can give 10 times return in next 5 years.
1 Year Return
3 Years Return
Why is Sagarmala Project So Crucial for India?
It is the Partner project of Make in India.
On three sides India is bound by sea and has a 7,516.6 km coastline.
India has 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. There is major scope for port led development.
Only 20% of the population living in these 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. But it contributes 60% of the GDP.
Railways contribute 9% to the GDP; Road sector contributes 6% to the GDP and ports’ share of GDP is only 1%.
Sagarmala project can boost GDP by 2 per cent: Ocean Group.
Why companies Involve in Sagar Mala Project will give 10 times return in next 5 years?
- In Sagar Mala Project there is investment of Rs 12 lakh crore under various programmes.
- Rs 8 lakh crore will be pumped into industrial clusters. Remaining Rs 4 lakh crore will go to port rail and port road connectivity
- To execute Rs 5 lakh crore Sagarmala projects by May 2019
- It will create 40 lakh direct jobs and many times indirect jobs.
After completion Sagarmala will save up to 40,000 crore per year on logistic costs. It will also boost exports by $110 billion.
There are so many companies involved in Sagar Mala Project so I divide it into 5 Parts.
EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction) Companies:
EPC Companies carry out the detailed engineering design of the project. It procure all the equipment and necessary materials. After that it will construct to deliver a functioning facility or asset to their clients.
- Government push to the infrastructure sector through the revival of the Sagarmala project. Companies like L&T will be very much benefitted from it.
2) NCC (Nagarjuna Construction Company Ltd.)
- Government push to Sagar Mala project Can Double the Order Inflows of NCC
3) Punj Lloyd
- A joint venture between Punj Llyod and Varaha Infrastructure has won the bid to construct the Yagyi-Kalewa road section in Myanmar at a cost of Rs 1,177 crore
4) GMR Infra
- The company is developing a port based multi-product Special Investment Region at Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- Transportation Business of GMR Infra is mainly focuses surface transport projects. It also focus on transportation of Roads, Railways, Metros and Air Strips
- HCC has been building large and complex structures for the last 76 years. It is Known for taking giant strides in technology and innovation.
- The Company recognized as a spearheading force in engineering construction, both in India and the rest of the world.
6) JP Associates
- It is the flagship company of the Jaypee Group.
- The Company is considered as one of the top EPC companies and has a vast experience of more than 4 decades.
- Act as a leader in Construction of river valley and hydropower projects
7) Gammon India
- Gammon India is amongst the largest physical infrastructure construction companies in India.
- Its track record spans significant landmark projects built over several decades. It has a prominent presence across all sectors of civil engineering, design and construction.
8) Shriram EPC
- Shriram EPC provides end-to-end solutions to engineering challenges. It also offer multi disciplinary design, engineering, procurement, construction and project management services.