Under BharatMala project 34,800 km of highways will be constructed at the cost of Rs 5.35 lakh crore by 2022. The stocks involved in it will give a very good return in the long term.
Why BharatMala Project is Crucial for India?
- Under BharatMala project 34,800 km of highways will be constructed at the cost of Rs 5.35 lakh crore by March 2022
- Bharatmala will boost economic growth in the country. It will also help realize Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of a ‘New India.‘
- Bharatmala will give the country 50 national corridors as opposed to the 6 we have at present
- The program will help to connect 550 Districts in the country through National Highway linkages
- Bharatmala will integrate Bangladesh-Bhutan-Nepal and Myanmar-Thailand corridors to make a North-East hub of East Asia.
- After completion of the project, 70 – 80 percent of freight will move along NH as against the 40 percent at present.
Hurdles in the Way of BharatMala Project
- Faster land acquisitions, environment clearances, and timely funding will be crucial for the completion of Bharatmala project by 2022.
- The government constructed NH of 8,231 km in 2016-17 against the set target of 15,000 km at 22.55km/day. However, the pace picked up to 25.21 km/day in the first quarter of 2017-18.
- Since most of the projects are to be constructed in remote areas. so, mobilization of equipment and raw materials would be challenging
1) Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
- In March 2018 L&T got Rs 7,500 crore Dwarka Expressway project in Haryana under the Bharatmala project.
- The completion period of the project is two years with a maintenance period of four years
2) IRB Infra
- In March 2018 IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd.won a road project worth Rs 2,043 crore from state-run NHAI in Gujarat
- The order is for construction of eight-lane Vadodara Kim expressway from 355 km to 378.74 km
- The company’s construction order book stands to Rs 12,000 crore(approx) and will be executed in three years
3) Dilip Buildcon
- Dilip Buildcon wins Rs 2,013-crore highway project in Andhra Pradesh.
- The project pertains to six-laning of Anandapuram-Pendurthi-Anakapalli section of NH 5 (new NH 16) from Km 681 to km 731.78 km under Bharatmala Pariyojna on hybrid annuity model.
4) KNR Constructions Limited
KNRCL is an infrastructure development organization with more than 2 decades of experience. It also executes the construction of technically complex and high-value projects across segments such as
- National Highways
- State Highways & Rural Roads
5) Sadbhav Engineering Ltd.
Sadbhav Engineering Ltd (SEL) is a leading infrastructure company.
It’s a presence in:
- Mining and
- Irrigation segments.