Sagar Mala Project will bring Blue Revolution in the country. It has the potential to boost GDP of India by 2%. Companies involved in it can give 10 times return in the next 5 years.
Why is Sagarmala Project So Crucial for India?
- It is the Partner project of Make in India.
- On three sides India is bound by sea and has a 7,516.6 km coastline.
- India has 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. There is major scope for port-led development.
- Only 20% of the population living in these 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. But it contributes 60% of the GDP.
- Railways contribute 9% to the GDP; Road sector contributes 6% to the GDP and ports’ share of GDP is only 1%.
- Sagarmala project can boost GDP by 2 percent: Ocean Group.
Why companies Involve in Sagar Mala Project will give 10 times return in the next 5 years?
- In Sagar Mala Project there is an investment of Rs 12 lakh crore under various programs.
- Rs 8 lakh crore will be pumped into industrial clusters. Remaining Rs 4 lakh crore will go to port rail and port road connectivity
- To execute Rs 5 lakh crore Sagarmala projects by May 2019
- It will create 40 lakh direct jobs and many times indirect jobs.
- After completion Sagarmala will save up to 40,000 crores per year on logistics costs. It will also boost exports by $110 billion.
There are so many companies involved in Sagar Mala Project so I divide it into 5 Parts.
- Port companies: Part 1
- Road Construction Companies: Part 2
- EPC Companies: Part 3
- Pipeline Companies: Part 4
- Rail Companies: Part 5
Road Construction Companies:
- Government push to the infrastructure sector through the revival of the Sagarmala project. Companies like L&T will be very much benefitted from it.
- NBCC is a blue-chip Government of India Navratna Enterprise
- The companies have a unique business model. Due to the unique model, it stands out as a leader in the construction sector.
- Under Sagar Mala from the Proposed CEZ, this company will be most benefitted from it.
3) IRB Infra
- IRB Infra is one of the largest Infrastructure Developing Company in the Roads & Highway sector.
- One of the top companies in the field of Roads & Highway Construction.
4) NCC (Nagarjuna Construction Company Ltd.)
- Government push to Sagar Mala project Can Double the Order Inflows of NCC
- HCC has been building large and complex structures for the last 76 years. Known for taking giant strides in technology and innovation.
- The Company recognized as a spearheading force in engineering construction. The company also operates its business outside India.
6) IL&FS Transportation Networks Limited
- IL&FS Transportation Networks India Limited (ITNL) is one of India’s leading infrastructure development and finance companies.
- It also helps and gives support to Govt. of India in the highway development program.
7) Reliance Infra
- In the Roads sector, Reliance Infrastructure is amongst the largest private concessionaires in India.
- It has a portfolio of 11 projects total length of 1000 km at project outlay of approximately Rs.12000 crore.
- The company is also amongst the largest developers of 6 lane Road.
8) GMR Infra
- Company is developing a port-based multi-product Special Investment Region at Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- The Business of GMR Infra has mainly focused on surface transport projects. It also involves in Roads, Railways, Metros and Air Strips
9) Dilip Buildcon
- The company undertakes the state and national highway, city road, culvert, bridge, dam, canal, tunnel
- It is also involved in the maintenance of road infrastructure facilities; and toll operations.
10) Patel Engineering
- Patel Engg is one of the major Infrastructure and Construction services company in India.
- It involves in the construction of highways, roads, bridges, railway tunnels to dams, tunnels, micro-tunnels, powerhouses, irrigation projects.
11)Ahluwalia Contracts India Ltd
- Ahluwalia Contracts India Ltd is one of the leading Civil Contractors of the country.
- Turnover of the Company is over INR 1426.52 Crores for the financial year 2016-17
12) B.L. Kashyap and Sons Limited
- B. L. Kashyap and Sons Ltd. (BLK) is one of the leading Construction, Infrastructure and Civil Engineering companies in India.
- This company has been instrumental in constructing some of our country’s leading buildings & infrastructure.
13) Sadbhav Infrastructure Projects Ltd.
- SIP Ltd is specialized in the development, operation, and maintenance of highways, roads, and related projects.
- It generates revenues primarily from toll collection, service fee, and annuity receipts.
14) Gayatri Projects Ltd
- Gayatri Projects Ltd is one of India’s leading infrastructure players.
- The company has an annual turnover of Rs.1812.53 crore
15) J Kumar Infraprojects Ltd.
- J. Kumar Infraprojects Limited is engaged in construction activities.
- The Company designs and constructs roads, bridges, flyovers, subways, over bridges, skywalks, and railway terminus/stations
16) KNR Constructions Ltd
KNRCL is an infrastructure development organization with more than 2 decades of experience. It executes the construction of technically complex and high-value projects across segments such as
- National Highways
- State Highways & Rural Roads