Sagar Mala Project will bring Blue Revolution in the country. It has the potential to boost GDP of India by 2%. Companies involved in it can give 10 times return in the next 5 years.
Why is Sagarmala Project So Crucial for India?
- It is the Partner project of Make in India.
- On three sides India is bound by sea and has a 7,516.6 km coastline.
- India has 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. There is major scope for port-led development.
- Only 20% of the population living in these 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. But it contributes 60% of the GDP.
- Railways contribute 9% to the GDP; Road sector contributes 6% to the GDP and ports’ share of GDP is only 1%.
- Sagarmala project can boost GDP by 2 percent: Ocean Group.
Why companies Involve in Sagar Mala Project will give 10 times return in the next 5 years?
- In Sagar Mala Project there is an investment of Rs 12 lakh crore under various programs.
- Rs 8 lakh crore will be pumped into industrial clusters. Remaining Rs 4 lakh crore will go to port rail and port road connectivity
- To execute Rs 5 lakh crore Sagarmala projects by May 2019
- It will create 40 lakh direct jobs and many times indirect jobs.
- After completion Sagarmala will save up to 40,000 crores per year on logistics costs. It will also boost exports by $110 billion.
There are so many companies involved in Sagar Mala Project so I divide it into 5 Parts.
- Port companies: Part 1
- Road Construction Companies: Part 2
- EPC Companies: Part 3
- Pipeline Companies: Part 4
- Rail Companies: Part 5
1) Texmaco Rail and Engineering Ltd
- Multi-unit engineering and Infrastructure Company. Five manufacturing units extending over 170 acres in the outskirts of Kolkata.
- Texmaco is the leading and most reliable freight car maker over the past 7 (seven) decades.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel), India’s largest power equipment maker. It is eyeing a major role in the Indian Railways’ track electrification program to tide over the uncertainties of the Indian power sector.
3) Pennar Industries
- Pennar’s Railways is one of the leading wagons manufactures company
- The company also produce Passenger & Metro Coaches
4) BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Ltd)
- BEML Limited’s Rail Coach Factory situated in Bangalore. India is the first all-steel integrated rail coach factory established by Government of India during 1948.
- The passenger rail coaches indigenously manufacture the passenger rail coaches for the use of Indian Railways.
5) KEC International Limited
- KEC, with its strong EPC base and its long association with the Indian Railways. It is in an advantageous position to successfully undertake the Signaling works.
- With this acquisition, KEC is poised to undertake the entire gamut of activities under the Railway Infrastructure segment.
6) Amara Raja
- Amara Raja pioneered the use of maintenance-free batteries in the Indian Railways.
- Over 50 % of Indian Railways’ II and III Tier self-generation Air-conditioned coaches have powered Amara Raja.
- The company is registering a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of around 14-15 percent in its revenue over the past five years.
- CMI is supplying hard drawn contact wire and catenary wire used in electric traction of trains
- The HFCL Railway Business unit serves the mainline and urban rail sectors of India by the provision of telecom solutions in conjunction with providers of signaling solutions.
- HFCL has been selected to provide solutions for projects being developed by the Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited as well as by Indian Railways.
9) Titagarh Wagons Ltd
- The company manufacturing railway castings – bogies and couplers.
- Titagarh has grown on to become the market leader in the Indian Market and subsequently beginning to export wagons.