Sagar Mala Project will bring Blue Revolution in the country. It has the potential to boost GDP of India by 2%. Companies involved in it can give 10 times return in the next 5 years.
Why is Sagarmala Project So Crucial for India?
- It is the Partner project of Make in India.
- On three sides India is bound by sea and has a 7,516.6 km coastline.
- India has 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. There is major scope for port-led development.
- Only 20% of the population living in these 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. But it contributes 60% of the GDP.
- Railways contribute 9% to the GDP; Road sector contributes 6% to the GDP and ports’ share of GDP is only 1%.
- Sagarmala project can boost GDP by 2 percent: Ocean Group.
Why companies Involve in Sagar Mala Project will give 10 times return in the next 5 years?
- In Sagar Mala Project there is an investment of Rs 12 lakh crore under various programs.
- Rs 8 lakh crore will be pumped into industrial clusters. Remaining Rs 4 lakh crore will go to port rail and port road connectivity
- To execute Rs 5 lakh crore Sagarmala projects by May 2019
- It will create 40 lakh direct jobs and many times indirect jobs.
- After completion Sagarmala will save up to 40,000 crores per year on logistics costs. It will also boost exports by $110 billion.
There are so many companies involved in Sagar Mala Project so I divide it into 5 Parts.
- Port companies: Part 1
- Road Construction Companies: Part 2
- EPC Companies: Part 3
- Pipeline Companies: Part 4
- Rail Companies: Part 5
1) Oil India Limited
- OIL, the pioneer in crude oil transportation in south-east Asia, owns and operates 1,432 km of cross-country crude oil pipelines.
- It owns 10 crude oil pumping stations and 17 repeater stations spread across the eastern India states of Assam, West Bengal, and Bihar.
2) Gammon India
- Pipelines built by Gammon play a vital role in engineering and construction projects.
- They meet the specific requirement of gas, oil, and water in India and overseas.
- Gammon India is endorsed as a member of the International Pipeline and Offshore Contractors Association (IPLOCA)
3) Maharashtra Seamless Ltd.
- MSL is producing large diameter ERW pipes for applications in the field of natural gas, crude oil, refineries and other core sector industry like fertilizers, etc.
4) Jindal Saw
- Jindal SAW is a trusted name when it comes to manufacturing Seamless Tubes and Pipes, and meeting global demands of any scale.
- Tubes and pipes of this company are extensively used in several other industries
5) Oil Country Tubular Ltd
- OCTL’s wide product range covers Drill Pipe, Heavy Weight Drill Pipe, Drill Collars, etc.
- Services include Tool Joint Hard banding, Make and Break of Tool Joints, Internal Plastic Coating of Drill Pipe and Tubing, Reconditioning of Drill Pipe, Re-threading of Drill Pipe, etc.