Sagar Mala Project will bring Blue Revolution in the country. It has the potential to boost GDP of India by 2%. EPC Companies involved in it can give 10 times return in the next 5 years.
Why is SagarMala Project So Crucial for India?
- It is the Partner project of Make in India.
- On three sides India is bound by sea and has a 7,516.6 km coastline.
- India has 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. There is major scope for port-led development.
- Only 20% of the population living in these 9 Coastal States and 3 UT. But it contributes 60% of the GDP.
- Railways contribute 9% to the GDP; Road sector contributes 6% to the GDP and ports’ share of GDP is only 1%.
- Sagarmala project can boost GDP by 2 percent: Ocean Group.
Why companies Involve in SagarMala Project will give 10 times return in the next 5 years?
- In Sagar Mala Project there is an investment of Rs 12 lakh crore under various programs.
- Rs 8 lakh crore will be pumped into industrial clusters. Remaining Rs 4 lakh crore will go to port rail and port road connectivity
- To execute Rs 5 lakh crore Sagarmala projects by May 2019
- It will create 40 lakh direct jobs and many times indirect jobs.
- After completion Sagarmala will save up to 40,000 crores per year on logistics costs. It will also boost exports by $110 billion.
There are so many companies involved in Sagar Mala Project so I divide it into 5 Parts.
- Port companies: Part 1
- Road Construction Companies: Part 2
- EPC Companies: Part 3
- Pipeline Companies: Part 4
- Rail Companies: Part 5
EPC (Engineering Procurement Construction) Companies:
EPC Companies carry out the detailed engineering design of the project. It procures all the equipment and necessary materials. After that, it will construct to deliver a functioning facility or asset to their clients.
- Government push to the infrastructure sector through the revival of the Sagarmala project. Companies like L&T will be very much benefitted from it.
2) NCC (Nagarjuna Construction Company Ltd.)
- Government push to Sagar Mala project Can Double the Order Inflows of NCC
3) Punj Lloyd
- A joint venture between Punj Llyod and Varaha Infrastructure has won the bid to construct the Yagyi-Kalewa road section in Myanmar at a cost of Rs 1,177 crore
4) GMR Infra
- The company is developing a port-based multi-product Special Investment Region at Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- Transportation Business of GMR Infra has mainly focused on surface transport projects. It also focuses on the transportation of Roads, Railways, Metros and Air Strips
- HCC has been building large and complex structures for the last 76 years. It is known for taking giant strides in technology and innovation.
- The Company recognized as a spearheading force in engineering construction, both in India and the rest of the world.
6) JP Associates
- It is the flagship company of the Jaypee Group.
- The Company is considered as one of the top EPC companies and has a vast experience of more than 4 decades.
- Act as a leader in the Construction of river valley and hydropower projects
7) Gammon India
- Gammon India is amongst the largest physical infrastructure construction companies in India.
- Its track record spans significant landmark projects built over several decades. It has a prominent presence across all sectors of civil engineering, design, and construction.
8) Shriram EPC
- Shriram EPC provides end-to-end solutions to engineering challenges. It also offers multidisciplinary design, engineering, procurement, construction and project management services.