You can use any UPI 2.0 enabled app to apply for an IPO through Zerodha.
First, Install the BHIM app (latest version) and register your UPI ID.
After that follow the below steps to apply for an IPO through Zerodha using UPI ASBA:
1. Login to Console and select ‘IPO’ in the ‘Portfolio’ menu:
2. Select the IPO you want to apply for from the list of open issues:
3. Enter your UPI ID. Make sure this is the UPI ID mapped to your personal bank account. The IPO application is liable to get rejected if the person who is applying is different from the one whose bank account is used to apply:
4. Place your bid(s). While placing the bids, only quantity that is a multiple of the lot size is allowed. If you wish to apply at the cut-off price, simply click on the checkbox next to ‘Cutoff price’. If you want to place a bid at a different price, you can do so by entering a price in the ‘Price’ field:
5. Once you’ve completed all these steps, click on the checkbox to confirm that you have read the RHP and other documents and click on submit:
6. Accept mandate request on your BHIM UPI App:
At the end of the day after submitting the IPO bid, you will receive an SMS from the exchange confirming your application. Meanwhile, to check the status of your order you can select the IPO you have applied for and you’ll be able to see the last updated bids in your application.
You can see a list of all the upcoming IPOs here on the NSE website.
1. You can check the list of banks and BHIM UPI apps supporting UPI ASBA here under the “UPI Apps and Banks live on IPO” section.